Since we ended yesterday with Freddy Vs. Jason it was the perfect movie to bridge the gap to today’s marathon!
31 Days of Horror Day 14: Nightmare on Elm Street Marathon
Everyone knows Freddy Krueger. First of all you have his icon sense of fashion. Fedora, red and green striped sweater, and a glove with knives for fingers? Talk about being runway ready. Not to mention his amazing repertoire of snappy comebacks and calling someone a bitch every other sentence. All this paired with a burnt face that resembles a pepperoni pizza. What’s not to love?! But in all seriousness, I LOVE the Nightmare on Elm Street series. From a person that loves napping, the fact that Freddy can come after you and kill you in your dreams and it’s only a matter of time before he gets you is some pretty spoopy stuff. The movies are filled with fun and creative ways to use gore. I mean, the blood waterfall spewing out of the bed?! The first time I saw that (in the more modern times) I was blown away with how original and crazy that scene was. Well, here is the full list of Nightmare on Elm Street movies!
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge
- Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
- Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master
- Nightmare on Elm Street 5: A Dream Child
- Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare (Let’s all laugh together)
- Wes Craven’s New Nightmare
- Nightmare on Elm Street (2010 Remake)